Welcome

Welcome to my traveler's journal!

Almost Ready!!

Getting Close to departure date!

This of course means that things are getting really exciting and stressful. I can't wait, yet there is still so much to get done!  Here's my checklist as it stands now:

  • Passport renewal                                   Check
  • Book airfare                                          Check
  • Buy new camping gear                           Check
  • Plan accomodation                                Check
  • Working holiday visa application            ...In progress
I have all of this done, but I still have to pack my entire old life away into storage, and make sure that all my banks and creditors aren't going to shut me out while I'm abroad!

New Zealands Great Walks
However, I am very pleased to announce that we have already planned and booked our trips first major hike! Thanks to Courtney's research, we found one of New Zealand's great walks, called the Kepler Track. It's located near the southern tip of the south island in a territory called Fiordland. This means two things: miles and miles of amazing scenery await, and we get to spend insane amounts of time in transit! beginning from Auckalnd, it will take us 3 lengthy bus rides, and a sea ferry over the course of 3 days to make it down to Te Anau, the small town that many use as base camp for the hike. We have already booked our fare, and it's cost us several hundred dollars each. That being said, we are told that the drives and the ferry ride across Cook Sound is quite scenic, (one of the most beautiful passages in the world, or so we hear). En route, we will have to spend a night each in the cities of Picton and Chsristchurch; and I have to say that I'm very excited to have some time to explore each of them before continuing on :)

That's all I know for now, but I hope to make my next post right before leaving the country. 


Until then...



No comments: